Friday, June 13, 2008

Just a little update for our friends and family that knew our sweet little Maggie. About 10 days ago she started having pain in her back and neck. We took her to the vet serveral times and adjusted her pain medications as much as possible to no avail. She went down very quickly and very sadly we had her put to sleep today....never to wake up again. We will miss our sweet Maggie dog and anybody that knew her knows what a wonderful dog she was. So great with the kids, never snapped, barked or lost her patience with them, never stole their toys or stuffed animals. She really was the greatest dog with kids. We will miss her SO much!!! She was 10 years old and so Keagan has known her all of his life and is very sad she won't be there when we get home from our visit out of town to see family.

9 comments:

Julie said...

I am so sad. She was such a great dog.

Lori said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sounds like she was a great dog!

Laura said...

Oh Heather
How we loved Maggie girl. I am so sorry for your loss. She will be greatly missed. I hope one day daisy will be half the god Maggie was

Mel said...

Oh - that is so sad. She was and still is my favorite dog. I know how hard it is to lose such a sweet member of the family. We will miss her too!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Oh no, I'm so sad to hear about Maggie. What a sweet, precious dog.

Mom said...

You know how sad we are.We'll miss Maggie bringing us a "present" when
she greeted us as we came in. Also will miss her just sitting by us waiting for her head and ears to be scratched.
Over the years we have seen Maggie in the background of the pictures we have taken of your kids watching over them. Such a sweet dog. Hope Keagan is doing better now.

The Morgans said...

We are so sorry for the loss of your sweet pet. Tell Keagan that Abigail is praying for him.

Wendi said...

So sorry! Preston and Caprice still talk about missing our Kati girl, so we have much sympathy for you!

Vickie said...

We will miss Maggie so much, I am so sorry for your loss. It was hard when we lost Sarge after having him for 16yrs. Maggie was such a wonderful pet and playmate to all of us. We will pray for Keagan and maybe soon he will get another pet for he and Kason.
Love,
Mom