Ok, so most of you know that me and the boys are in Paris visitng on Keagan's spring break. We've had a good time seeing everybody and I'll write more about the trip later when I can post the pics that we have taken but I just wanted to post about our day.
First, I went out with some friends that I used to work with. We went out to lunch at Crabtree's. It was fun hearing about what the other girls had been up to. Well. so the day started to go downhill right after lunch. I was leaving the restaurant when I dropped my cel ph that is rather new and broke the glass display screen on the front of the phone. When I went to pick it up I cut my thumb on some of the glass that was still poking out. (Thanks Tricia and Christie for meeting me it was fun!!) Ok, so anyway, I came back to my parents house where Keagan told me about getting attacked and scratched by Raven (the black cat). You just have to know this cat. She is mean, not just any mean but I'm telling you M-E-A-N!!! If you look at her wrong you better look out. Anyway he told me "but I didn't go R-O-A-R at her." Kids are so funny the way they tell on themsleves!!! So that brings us to about 2:30 in the afternoon. The sun was finally out!!! It's been raining off and on ever since we got to Paris so I thought we could go to the park. We had a fun time playing, climbing on monkey bars, swinging, sliding, etc. Ok well we were getting ready to go home when Keagan decided to play a little more and jumped off of the slide, not from the top but at the bottom. It would have been okay if everything wasn't damp from the previous days rain. I guess while jumping his feet slipped on the slide, causing him to land harder on the ground than expected. Evidently he landed rather oddly on his hand/arm and SCREAMED and cried immediately. One of those cries where you know something really hurt. The one you hate to hear!!! I was convinced it was broken!!! He wouldn't, couldn't move it, he wouldn't even move his fingers or roll his wrist!!! So.........(yes I'm almost through) 6 x-rays later the doctor at Minor Emergency said that it wasn't broken but that he will know for sure tomorrow(Thursday) after the radiologist looks at the x-rays. He is wearing a sling which has been a huge help and is on Motrin round the clock. Hopefully he will wake up tomorrow much better and forget that it all happened. Oh, being a mother is not easy sometimes but I'm sure that is only the first of many ER visits!!! My big boy was so brave though, I was so proud of him!!!!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Minor Emergency
Posted by The Wolfe Family at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey we are praying for Keagan- let us know what the Doctor says today
Post a Comment